# Using FlowForge
This guide will help you learn how to use the FlowForge platform to quickly create new Node-RED projects.
Within FlowForge, each Node-RED instance is called a Project. The Project is owned by a Team that provides all the necessary access control.
The Project is created from a Template that provides its default settings and runs on a Stack that determines the Node-RED version, memory, and CPU usage.
For more details on these and other core concepts, you can learn about them here.
# Working with Projects
- Snapshots - Create point-in-time backups of your project
- Environment Variables - How to manage Environment Variables in your projects
- Change Project Stack - How to change a projects stack, for example to upgrade Node-RED
- Logs - The Logs available in the FlowForge application.
- Project Link Nodes - Custom nodes for sending messages between projects and devices.
# Working with Teams
- Team management - How to add and remove users from a team
- Role based access control - Which privileges are granted to different roles
# Working with Devices
FlowForge supports deploying projects to remote Devices. They run a software agent that connects back to the platform to receive updates.