FlowForge 0.10 released
Secure HTTP end points, Read-only users and Static outbound IPs
Secure your HTTP endpoints, create read-only users in your teams and use our static IP address for outbound traffic
Keep reading for the details of what's in this release or you can watch our 1 minute roundup video of the new release above.
We're pleased to announce version 0.10 is now available. The next release of the FlowForge application containing new features, a number of improvements, and bug fixes. Keep reading for a promotion code to get your first month free on FlowForge Cloud.
Secure HTTP Endpoints We've added the ability for you to secure your HTTP endpoints. You can now control who can access Dashboards or API endpoints you create in FlowForge.
Read-only Users We've added a new user role for Read-only access. This will allow users to login to your FlowForge project and view the Node-RED flows without them being able to edit anything.
Static Outbound IP Addresses We've updated FlowForge Cloud so that all outbound traffic from your projects now comes from a single IP address. When trying to access a remote resource such as a database it is often a requirement for the IP address the traffic comes from to be fixed.
We've made a number of improvements to the overall experience of running FlowForge.
- Allow both key and component in a ff-data-table column definition #43
- Default Stack and Templates #989
- Provide platform containers and base stack container for administrators #917
# Bug Fixes
We've fixed the following bugs in this release.
- Provide platform containers and base stack container for administrators
- User names can be same (but different case)
- User list not refreshing after changing user details
- Navigating directly to a device page gets the wrong team selected
- Node-RED Isn't ready when FlowForge app says it is running following a project restart
- Invitations left for deleted teams
- Following email verification link twice throws error
- Agent does not log stderr from the Node-RED process
- On Kubernetes project names can not start with a number
- When creating projects stack options do not wrap
- Save button in admin user-edit dialog doesn't close dialog
- Setting UI doesn't allow me to update settings
We'd like the thank the following for their contributions to this release:
Pezmc for their work on Add device count and project counts by type to admin
ArshErgon for their work on Update vue component name for NoVerifiedEmail.vue
As an open-source project, we welcome the community involvement in what we're building. If you're interested in contributing, checkout our guide in the docs.
# Try it out
Sign up for FlowForge Cloud with this link or at the checkout enter the code RELEASE010 to get your first project free for a month.
# Upgrading FlowForge
FlowForge Cloud is already running 0.10 and the stacks updated. Upgrade your project stacks to the latest version to make sure you get all the latest changes.
If you installed a previous version of FlowForge and want to upgrade, our documentation provides a guide for upgrading FlowForge on a local server.
# Getting help
If you hit any problems with the platform, or have questions to ask, please do raise an issue on GitHub. That also includes if you have any feedback or feature requests.
Customers of FlowForge Cloud can raise a ticket by emailing email@example.com
We also have a
#flowforge channel on the Node-RED Slack workspace.
- The benefits and drawbacks of using Node-RED function nodes
- FlowForge v1.5 Now Available
- Terminology Changes
- 3 Quick Tips for Using Node-RED, Part 4
- Comparing Node-RED Dashboards Solutions